Livestock Production display
Located on the West End
Visitors to the annual Big Iron Farm Show arrive with a variety of agricultural needs on their agenda. The Big Iron Farm Show strives to provide a variety of interests for the visitor.
The Livestock Production Display area, located towards the west end of the grounds, provides a specialized display for those visitors looking to increase the quality and production of their herds.
Exhibitors whose primarily expertise is beef cattle production may be located in the Livestock Production Display building.
Visit the following Livestock Production Exhibitors:
- Hoffmann Angus Ranch – Bill Hoffmann
- Olson Hereford Ranch – Carl Olson and Ed Olson
- R Lazy B Charolaise – Robert Birklid
- Vogel Shorthorn Farms
- North Dakota State University
Seminar – Wednesday, September 11, 2013
In 2013, the Big Iron Farm Show and the North Dakota State University Extension Service will partner to bring you an informative and educational seminar focusing on the needs of the producer.
NDSU livestock specialists will give presentations, then answer questions from visitors. Beef, dairy, sheep, swine and veterinary specialists, as well as a livestock economist, will be on hand to answer questions. The dialogue will continue with free samples from an NDSU meats lab fresh off the grill. The livestock presentation will be held in the Production Livestock Display Building at the Big Iron Farm Show
The following “Docs” will be available to ask questions:
- Charlie Stoltenow, Veterinary Specialist
- Jerry Stokka, Livestock Stewardship Specialist
- Tim Petry, Livestock Economics Specialist
- Carl Dahlen, Beef Specialist
- David Newman, Swine Specialist
- Reid Redden, Sheep Specialist
- JW Schroeder, Dairy Specialist
- Rob Maddock, Meats Specialist
- Austen Germolus, NDSU Meats Lab Manager
- Gregory Lardy, NDSU Head of Animal Sciences Department